Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Boring weekend

We went back to hometown as usual on last weekend. And it had been a really bored weekend. It is really tooooooo hot outside and mom said she rather stay indoor than go out and burn her skin. We went to the vet on Saturday. The lack of vitamin K problem has gone, but the vet said, we have to be careful and alert that this thing might come back. He taught mom to check on me time by time. Mom have to use either a spoon or a coin, put on some baby oil on it, then scratch my tummy, if the place scratched got red like what I had last week, then the thing is back. The vet said I have to consume more protein all the time.

Another thing is that my skin and fur is not in very good condition. Some part of my skin got flaking and scaling. Fur came out patch by patch. The vet gave us a cream to be applied twice a day and he suggested us to have a supplement for skin.

Tadaaa!!!! This is the supplement I have to consume at least for 2 months. One tablet each day. The vet told mom that this thing is tasty to us, dogs. And that mom don't need to force me to take it. Tell you what, this is tasteless!! Mom put it in front of me, I sniff it and check on it, once I put it in my mouth, yukkkkksssssss....I hate it and I throw it out immediately. Mom crunched it and mix it in a piece of bread for me. This is better than. This is what indicated on the description booklet.

Properties
The natural components of DERMO NORM help to maintain a normal dermal function in cases of dermatosis and excessive loss of hair.
Zinc is an essential element for the biosynthesis of fatty acids, metabolism of Vitamin A and inflammatory processes and plays an important role in maintaining a healthy immune system. It acts in synergy with linoleic acid for the epidermis renewal. In addition to the action of Vitamin E, with excellent antioxidant properties and immunostimulant, reduces the incidence of skin infections.
Essential fatty acids w3 and w6, act at dermal level reducing the inflammatory processes of different ethiology by inhibiting the transformation of arachidonic acid into leukotrienes and prostaglandins, responsible for the inflammation and pruritus in dermatosis.
Biotin is a vitamin with an essential role in the formatikon of skin and hair.

INDICATIONS AND TARGET SPECIES
Dogs and Cats. DERMO NORM is indicated for:
-The correction of skin disorders, flaking and scaling skin, excessive loss of hair and dull coat caused by a nutritional deficiency.
-Palliate the symptoms of pruritus in allergic dermathopathy in dogs and cats.
-Improvement of the aspect and quality of the coat.
-Reduction of seborrhea and loss of hair.

ADMINISTRATION AND DOSAGE
Administer directly to the animal or crumble and mix with the food for easier administration. It is recommended to use for a period of up to 2 months.
Dogs and Cats: 1-2 tablets/10kg b.w./day.

INTERACTIONS AND SIDE EFFECTS
Have not been described.

OVERDOSAGE
Due to its composition of natural and recognized as safe ingrediants there is no risk of intoxication due to overdose.

COMPOSOTION
Each tablet contains: Essential fatty acids: linolenic, linoleic, arachidonic, eicosapentanoic (w3:w6=1)110 mg, Flovored Excipient q.s. 500mg.
Analytical Composition: Crude ashes 16.5%, Crude Proteins 13%, essential fatty acids w3 and w6 7.2%, Humidity 7%, Total sugars (as saccharose)5%, Calcium 4%, Methionine 2.7%, Crude Fats 2.4%, Phosphorus 2.1%, Crude Cellulose 1.5%, Sodium 1%.

That's it and I hate taking it. I'll take it if I don't realize it in my food. I'll throw it if mom put it in front of me again!!!! I'm so bored on Sunday. Nothing to do. Even Scooby is so bored and lazy to chase me.

Mom..Any idea what to do? So so so so bored....

Found a cushion. Better take a nap.

Mom...better stop pointing the camera phone at me again. I'm really trying to sleep.

Too hot, better sleep on the floor without the cushion...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Oopppssss, I look too fat in this photo)

5 comments:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

so ur doing some free advert for ur medication?? hahah

Goofy said...

Pacco, yeah..maybe...hehehe..Will get everyone updated if this thing really works on me.

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

You don't look fat little one you look healthy! Too cute you are:) I like what you mentioned about the Dermo Norm, mom is going to check it out with the vet because my fur is really dull and I have flaky dry skin too, so this would work for my skin problem I'm sure. Thank you for sharing this. I like your cushion, it looks comfy! I'm so glad you are feeling better little Goofy:)

BIG hugs from Billy Boo:)

Amber-Mae said...

Oh yeah, you do look FAT in the last photo but I'm hope you're feeling much, much better now Goofy!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Katherine and Pippa said...

Those are pretty good pix from a 'phone. We don't think you look fat. You might want to ask on the Bone Zone for DWB about the fur/skin probs.

Pleased you are feeling better though. Big kisses and tiny ruffs for you from Pippa.